2.27.2009

tunnelvision

It's finally happening. I'm on the very brink of learning to be okay - even happy - by myself. There are still definitely days, hours, and weeks that absolutely suck because I realize just how alone I am now. But they are spaced farther and farther apart, and I'm learning to deal with them instead of completely collapsing under their weight. Do I miss having someone, someone who seems to be closer to me than I myself am? God, yes. Now, though, I've been forced to find out who I am without someone else in the equation, and that's been a pretty good journey so far. I have rediscovered the beauty of best friends, close friends, acquaintances, and everything in between. I have restored my bonds with many of those friends. I have spent hours talking about everything under the sun, countless study halls crammed into practice rooms with ugly (but beloved) couches, and too many AP English "work" periods laughing at stupid things. It's been awesome, it's been interesting, and it has proven to be pretty damn valuable. I'm on my way.

No comments: