4.20.2009

kingdom of loathing

No one has ever used the verb "loathe" at me before, and now, with my newly-sullied record held proudly before me, I can take the time to find this extremely intriguing.

What I personally loathe is being placed unwillingly in the situation I find myself immersed in. This unique situation is very rare, only occurring when someone you care about surprises you by treating you in a way that gives you no choice other than to be apathetic, or at least act in a way that can apparently be construed as being apathetic.

Petty, snide, pseudo-philosophic remarks about my "apathy" are not going to spark a great clamoring of regrets and apologies, because there are none owed. These comments actually do nothing except breed true apathy, ironically enough.

Another perplexing paradox that has unfortunately been a part of my life lately is the use of cliches in an attempt to express a grave sentiment. By their very definition, cliches are hugely overrated and melodramatic, hold no true meaning after centuries of being recited and cited, and in fact - here comes the irony - reveal an overwhelmingly large amount of apathy towards the situation they are used to discuss.

Interesting.


In the way of the ever-classic Wayne's World series: loathe on.

Because supposedly, as my apathetic nature dictates, I couldn't care less.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Al, your anger gives me immense, unnecessary, satisfaction.

Also, it is an unanimous opinion that someone who says something snarky on facebook in the hopes that the subject will see it and be affected, is a coward and also some bad words.

Love.