5.06.2009

if winter ends

Finally, I have entered the last stretch of senior year. Two more exams, a presentation, and a few papers are all that are standing between me and my freedom from high school. A little bit of work, a few more weeks of effort, and I'm clear. After that comes my break with the ridiculously confined world that is high school, which I've been living in for at least the past four years. That is much too long, I think, and I'm more than ready to have a fresh start. Summer is going to be hectic. It's going to be monopolized by work and college preparations, but at least I'll gain that extra ounce of liberation from simply knowing that I never have to go back to high school. There'll be at least 2 concerts that I'm headed to, bonfires, long runs, and drive-in nights. There will be 3 AM conversations that result in unfortunate instances of slightly broken furniture, trying to do headstands, or listening to the Backstreet Boys. There will be scorching hot blacktop and rainy, grey days. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you and your friends still listen to Backstreet Boys? Phhh...

Haha. I can't wait for summer! Especially as you describe it. Sounds wonderful.