12.19.2008

2013


Here's where I will spend the next four, six, eight, or maybe even ten years of my life. Thanks to the kind admissions Gods that Be, I got into the University of Rochester. Immediately after finding out, I was stunned. I couldn't pinpoint my emotions; was I happy? Hell yes, ecstatic even! But it still hasn't really sunk in, this new fact of life. I'm extremely excited and relieved, of course, but strangely enough I feel like I still don't have the capacity to fully understand what this means for me. I'm having trouble realizing that I now have what I want.

Not that I would have it any other way; don't get the impression that I'm regretting my choice to bind myself to admission. I applied early decision because it's exactly what I want, and I knew it when I sealed the big white envelope; I still know it. Because although I certainly would've been happy at Colgate or Geneseo, U of R is my place.

So, I'm curious to see how long this will take my sloth-like brain to comprehend. Maybe it'll take a few days, a week, a month...or maybe I won't fully grasp this wonderful truth until I step onto that campus and experience that feeling of fitting perfectly into my little nerdy niche at the best medical, research, and liberal arts university ever.

Well, in my opinion, at least.

No comments: